Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Progress


So here we are.
More than half way through January.
I wonder how many people have quit their New Years Resolution.
For my resolution.....
I created quite a list but really it comes down to one goal this year....to be a better person.
I think I'm doing okay.

Books: First off, I have read 3 books so far. 2 of them on the cruise. It was so relaxing to lay on the beach and read. Usually I hate the beach because I get bored so easy. Having the book allowed me to sit there and relax for hours. Loved it!


Loved these books. It's weird, but I could so see myself in each of the main characters.
Especially Darcy in Something Blue. Even though I'm not a shopper like her.
My next book is "love the one you're with" by Emily Giffin as well.
I can't wait to get started with it!

Church: The boys and I went to church on Sunday. I got nothing out of the sermon. I really need to go to a church that has a good priest. Like Father Frank at St. Pius. He relates everything to real like examples and I get so much more out of it. Father Bramlage rambled and rambled......
....for 20 minutes...
yes, I timed it.
Is that wrong?
I don't think so.
I wanted to break out the solitaire game on my phone.
Pretty sure that would have been wrong.
Anyways, half way through the sermon....
.....that would be 10 minutes in...
....Brett leaned over to me and said "What is he talking about? I don't understand."
He's 12.
He should be able to comprehend.
Right?
Right.
Well, that tells you something.
So my response....
 I leaned back over to him and said,
"I have no idea either but if I figure it out, I'll let you know."
I never did.
Next week, we are going to St. Pius!

Working out: define "working out"
lol
Seriously, I went.
Twice.
Hey, how many times have you been?
I think 2 times is pretty good.
More importantly, I did get an email from an old friend offering to work out together. I am excited! If anything, maybe we can run the half-marathon together.
Stop laughing.
Actually, only my blog readers....
.....all 3 of them....
know my goal of running a half-marathon.
This year.
I don't want to post anything about it on facebook or tell anyone because if I fail...
....which is possible....
I don't want anyone to laugh, rool their eyes or say I told ya so.
So it's our little secret.

Sleep with no TV: Doing pretty good with this one! When Jared sleeps with me....
....about once a week....
he has a hard time with it and I usually give in and turn it on.
There is a reason though.
A good reason.
Check that.
A VERY good reason....
It drowns out his snoring.
Oh my.
Wow.
So 6 out of 7 days, no tv on at night...yeah!!!

Less TV: Well, I am sitting here watching American Idol.
Sooooo.....
can we just come back to this one at a later time?
K.
Thanks!


Okay, I think that's it for now. Hope you're having a fabulous January!!!

No comments: